The Best Rooftop Bars in Berlin for a Stunning View
Berlin is a city of contrasts- from the grimy, graffiti-covered streets of Kreuzberg to the sleek, modern architecture of Prenzlauer Berg. And nothing showcases this contrast better than the city’s rooftop bars.
Whether you’re looking for a laid-back lounge with panoramic views of the city or a swanky rooftop bar with craft cocktails, Berlin has something to offer. So, without further ado, here are the best rooftop bars in Berlin for a stunning view:
1. Klunkerkranich – Nestled on top of a multi-story car park in Neukölln, Klunkerkranich is the epitome of Berlin’s DIY spirit. The bar boasts a mishmash of colorful furniture and a laid-back vibe that’s perfect for soaking up the sun. But the real highlight is the stunning panoramic view of the city skyline.
2. Monkey Bar – Located on the top floor of the 25hours Hotel, Monkey Bar is a sleek and stylish rooftop bar with a view that will take your breath away. The bar’s floor-to-ceiling windows offer a stunning view of the Berlin Zoo and the city beyond. And the cocktails aren’t half bad either.
3. House of Weekend – If you’re looking for a rooftop bar with a party vibe, House of Weekend is the place to be. Located on the 15th floor of a high-rise in Mitte, the bar boasts a massive dance floor, a retractable roof, and a killer view of the Berlin skyline.
4. Solar – This rooftop bar, located on top of the eco-friendly 25hours Hotel Bikini Berlin, offers a stunning view of the Berlin Zoo and the Tiergarten park. But the real highlight is the bar’s commitment to sustainability- all of the furniture is made from recycled materials, and the bar serves up organic cocktails.
5. Amano Bar – Located on the roof of the Amano Hotel in Mitte, this rooftop bar is a sleek and sophisticated spot that’s perfect for a night out. The bar boasts a stunning view of the city skyline, and the cocktails are top-notch.
6. NENI Berlin – This rooftop bar, located on top of the 25hours Hotel Bikini Berlin, offers a stunning view of the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church and the bustling Kurfürstendamm shopping district. But the real highlight is the bar’s Israeli-inspired cuisine, which includes hummus, falafel, and other Middle Eastern delights.
7. Deck5 – This rooftop bar, located on top of a parking garage in Prenzlauer Berg, is a laid-back spot with a stunning view of the Berlin skyline. The bar serves up craft cocktails and beer, and there’s plenty of seating to soak up the sun.
8. Klunkerkranich – Yes, we’re featuring Klunkerkranich twice- but it’s just that good. This rooftop bar is a true hidden gem, with a laid-back vibe that’s perfect for a lazy afternoon. And the view of the city skyline is simply unbeatable.
9. Hotel de Rome Rooftop Terrace – This rooftop bar, located on top of the Hotel de Rome in Mitte, offers a stunning view of the city skyline and the historic Bebelplatz. The bar serves up craft cocktails and snacks, and there’s plenty of seating to take in the view.
10. Sky Bar – Located on the 12th floor of the Andel’s Hotel in Prenzlauer Berg, this rooftop bar offers a stunning view of the city skyline and the Berlin TV Tower. The bar serves up craft cocktails and snacks, and there’s plenty of seating to soak up the sun.
So there you have it- the best rooftop bars in Berlin for a stunning view. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back lounge or a swanky spot for a night out, Berlin has something to offer. So grab a cocktail, sit back, and enjoy the view. And who knows, you might even spot the infamous Berlin bear roaming around the city below.
Q: What are some of the best rooftop bars in Berlin?
A: There are several rooftop bars in Berlin that offer a stunning view of the city. Some of the best ones include Klunkerkranich, Deck5, Monkey Bar, Amano Rooftop Bar, Hotel de Rome Rooftop Terrace, and Weekend Club.
Q: What is the dress code for rooftop bars in Berlin?
A: The dress code for rooftop bars in Berlin can vary depending on the establishment. However, it is generally recommended to dress smart casual. This means avoiding sportswear, beachwear, and flip-flops. It’s always a good idea to check the dress code on the bar’s website before visiting.
Q: Do rooftop bars in Berlin require reservations?
A: It’s always a good idea to make a reservation at a rooftop bar in Berlin, especially during peak hours and on weekends. Some rooftop bars, such as the Monkey Bar, require reservations in advance. However, many bars also accept walk-ins on a first-come, first-served basis.
Q: What is the best time of day to visit a rooftop bar in Berlin?
A: The best time to visit a rooftop bar in Berlin is during sunset or in the evening when the city lights up. This is when you can enjoy a stunning view of the cityscape while sipping on a cocktail. However, it’s also worth noting that some rooftop bars, such as Klunkerkranich, are open during the day and offer a unique experience.
Q: Are rooftop bars in Berlin expensive?
A: Rooftop bars in Berlin can be quite expensive, but it depends on the establishment. Some bars have a minimum order requirement, which can make the bill add up quickly. However, there are also more affordable options available, such as Klunkerkranich, which has a relaxed atmosphere and affordable prices.
Q: What kind of food and drinks are available at rooftop bars in Berlin?
A: Rooftop bars in Berlin typically offer a range of cocktails, beer, wine, and spirits. Some bars also have a food menu, with options ranging from bar snacks to full meals. The type of cuisine can vary depending on the establishment, with some bars offering German food and others offering international cuisine.